Corporate Area PC - Criminal Division
This Court House was built in 1807 and was approved by the Parish Vestry Committee in the following year. Members of the Vestry who met regularly at the Court House included Hon. Robert Osborn, Hon. Edward Jordon, Baron Kettlehodt, Hon Joseph Gordon and his son George William Gordon.
The Court House was repaired in 1882 due to damage by a storm and two years later was repaired and repainted. The building was not damaged in the 1907 earthquake.
During the Second World War, the building was occupied by Imperial Censors. It was also the venue for the Second Junior Centre by the Institute of Jamaica and this was officially opened on December 12, 1941, and remained open at this site for over forty years.
The Old Court House has since been refurbished and is now administered by the St. Andrew Parish.
144 Maxfield Ave, Kingston 10
Straight Line: 754-3662